Translate

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 July 2010

Mum's Bengali Trout Bake Recipe

Haven't posted a recipe in ages! As promised, here is the Rainbow trout I made at my post bday lunch!


Ingredients:
1. Whole Rainbow Trout
2. Onions (2 large ones per fish)
3. Turmeric (1 teaspoon or more according to your taste)
4. Chilli Powder (same)
5. Lemon
6. Tomatos (2 per fish)
7. Coriander

I didn't follow Mum's recipe to the dot, but this is the basic jist:

1. Cut Onions and tomatoes, then marinate the whole fish and onions and tomatoes together in turmeric, chilli and salt. Squeeze half a lemon/lime on them and mix well (but delicately.) Yes I used my hands for it, as it serves best for the purpose, but WARNING fingers will turn yellow!!



2. Preheat over to 120 and bake for 10-15 mins and turn, then bake another 10-15.

3. Sprinkle some coriander over your dish

ET VOILA!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the recipe, armeen. got to try this sometime and surprise my significant other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most welcome. you MUST, its very simple!

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!