But one TOP favourite of mine is her Murgi Tomato Jhol (Chicken Curry with Tomato.) I usually do not like tomatoes in my food, it has to be the right amount and blended perfectly for it to make sense in my curries, but my Dadi just does the most perfect job. Our wonderful long time caretaker Parul has picked up many of her recipes, so she was my guide under Dadi's direction for documenting the recipe.
I did a step by step photo shoot for my own benefit.
2-3 large tomotoes
2 large onions
Ground red chilli
1. Fry onions in oil
2. Add salt, turmeric, chilli, coriander and cumin
3. Add a little boiling water and mix
4. Add the chicken and mix well
5. Cover chicken with lid and go have a chat with your cousin
6. After around 10-15 minutes unvcover lid
7. Add chopped tomatoes and mix
8. Allow tomatoes to melt
9. YAY YOU ARE GONNA EAT THE BEST CHICKEN CURRY EVER
Thanks to my amazing Dadi for sharing her amazing recipe. I am planning to get more of them.