Translate

Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Caspian - Dhaka Persian

I was mildly surprised to find out last year that the old Greek restaurant had been replaced! Not that I frequented it much, but it was nice to know Dhaka had a Greek place.

But yes, this meal was quite enjoyable. Huckleberry friend and I went here for our second date- so I remember clearly- even though this was a while back.

A Little disclaimer- I was trying out my friend's camera- so the pictures are a bit random.

So we started with appetisers of Humus and Eggplant with Yogurt. Yes to both- freshly made humus and the eggplant was just delicate and creamy like I love




For entree we had the mixed kabab plate. This was Beef, Chicken and Lamb kabab with 3 kinds of rice.
 Now if you know anything about me from my posts, you'll know I love rice, and flavoured rice is NO exception!





The Beef

The Lamb


The Chicken
]
The Tomato Sauce


Overall:  I liked the lamb and the eggplant appetizer, the rice was a bit dry but I guess thats normal.

Price: Yes, this is on the pricy side- I would day Taka 1500 plus per person if you order your own dish and drink.
Review:  To be honest- its very average Persian cooking, ie it's not spectacular. If you can afford it, I would say try it and see if it works for you. But I've found a place in Uttara when visiting my friend Bassbaba (way to namedrop haha) near Bhoot restaurant, and that was much for reasonable and the food was better. I don't think I'll be back here, unless I'm in the area and am expensing it for work or something.

BTW I have a new song out: so listen to it okay? http://armeenmusa.bandcamp.com/album/graceland

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!