Translate

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 August 2014

Pesto Recipe (Parsley & Mint)

My dear friends Shumi and Vivek bought me this superb processor for my birthday. (haha my friends know me so well!) I have been having a blast using it- mainly for spices. But I wanted to use it to make a dish, explore this cool toy!

Miranda's Heart www.mirandashearth.com is the awesome initiative that joins people from all over Boston once a month for music, food and art! If you guys have seen the video of my latest single "Graceland" you have seen one of the events which featured my music and thus became the premise of the video.



Each month the feature is on something special, and August was Food! The theme was "First time Recipe" - ie we all made something for the first time! It was Amazing- everyone's dishes were to DIE FOR. (That will be my next post- today is just mine) So I made Mint and Parsley Pesto for the lot with some Pita Bread.

The reason I used these ingredients is because I had them hehe.

 

So I had 2 bunches of Parsley, 1 mint, walnuts ( I hear pine nuts are the in thing for pesto but I didnt have any!) and garlic, olive oil.



So I put the Garlic, nuts and leaves in the processed. (Please note : I used 5 cloves of garlic but you should use 2 as mentioned in the recipe below, cos it was too much aaah)






After a few seconds of Pulsing I added the olive oil and parmesan and then zhhuuuuuu (that's me trying to be a food processor)



So while thats pulsing listen to this song we covered in Radio Shadhin this January- Aah my life is incredible :D




After  spooning the side parts down a few times and pulsing- here is the Finished blend.



Add a tiny sprig of Mint and VOILA!



Recipe:
  • 1 cup packed mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnish
  • 2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
  • 1/3 cup almonds
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Procedure:
In a food processor, combine the parsley, mint, garlic and nuts and pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour in the olive oil and add the grated Parmesan; process to a puree. Season the pesto generously with salt and pepper.

It's so quick and simple I love it!! 
Seriously I've been using it with EVERYTHING. In my quinoa bowls, with bread, my friend Sandra was over from NYC and we had this with Pita bread as our late night snack and hangout session.

Till next time lovers <3 div="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!