Translate

Popular Posts

Sunday 10 August 2014

Teriyaki Sauce and some Meal planning

And I continue my newfound series of recipes, with this: Teriyaki..

The Teriyaki sauce has a sweet and soy favour I love! And thanks to one of my tuttees and the internet I combined a few recipes to make my own:

So first I made the sauce: (full recipe at the end) - with 1/2 cup mirin, 1/3 cup soya sauce and 1/4 cup rice wine and 1 tbsp suger. (You can lower you mirin and eliminate wine- its just an extra bounce and only use sugar)



boiled this on medium heat for 20 minutes or so


at one point it will be a glaze like sauce that I store in this cute cup!

I should actually get a new pan for the chicken, but I was lazy so I put the chicken breasts in with a tiny bit of olive oil.



stir stir stir




Once it is about done I added a bit more of the sauce I made and let it sit.

Then I chopped up some green onion - I LOVE the flavour it gives!






 Now I'm getting a bowl ready with 1/3 cup carrots, 1/3 cup green onions and 1/3 cup corn


 Added 1/3 cup quinoa too




So before we conclude here is my song excerpt of the post: I composed  for a film Shongram (my first film Yay) And this is a Nazrul Geeti that was arranged for this film by Adil Hadi and myself and sung by no other than Nazrul Geeti amazes Nashid Kamal (my mom, I truly think she sounds her best, and the non traditional arrangment brought out her voice)




  Can't wait for Dhaka when I will collaborate a lot more with her! (PS buy it here http://www.amazon.com/Rashmonchey-Dol/dp/B00K61KYZY)


Okay back to healthy heating stuff: 

I was making this meal to pack some lunches for the week. I feel like I do better when I have my portions pre planned, when I go to eat hungry I just eat mindlessly. So here's to a healthy new week for me. I am trying to lose 15-20 pounds before my album launch. Fingers Crossed!!





Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup mirin
  • 1/4 cup sake/ rice wine
  • 1/4 cup Japanese soy sauce
  • 3/4 tablespoon sugar
  • 4 chicken breasts 4oz each 
  • Olive oil
  • 1 green onion
Procedure:
  • Boil soya sauce, mirin, sugar and rice wine for 20 minutes and then store away
  • use 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry chicken till brown
  • stir in the sauce on low heat and let boil
Serve with vegetables, quinoa, rice = whatever you chose.

For me, I calorie counted my bowl and here is what it was:
  1. Quinoa 2/3 cup - 150
  2. Corn steamed -40
  3. Carrots raw - 15
  4. Chicken 4oz  - 175
  5. Green onion - 3   
total: 383 calories (give or take)

That's a pretty decent meal. I decided not to cut carbs completely because it's unrealistic, I am sick of losing and gaining so many times. This time its not the diet but the portions Im fixating on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!