Translate

Popular Posts

Saturday 9 August 2014

Garlic Prawns with Veggies - Recipe

It's not secret i LOVE food. After music, food is my biggest passion. But that comes with its' issues. I've had weight issues my whole life- I've done karate', swimming, yoga, gymming and nowadays biking to keep my health in check, but it's hard.

The only time I've lost substantial weight was when I lost my appetite due to shock and soon after gained the weight and the appetite back. But that did show me that the key tool to weight loss is the food. It's just math- eat within a certain calorie limit and you shall be fine. The trouble is my carb intake, I have a hard time limiting it when it comes to rice. So I decided to find yummy recipes that I can eat and enjoy in lower portions.

Each person will have a trigger food that is hard to lower- thankfully my only weakness is rice - other carbs I am okay to eat less. So here goes , my series of recipes for a my weight loss and maintain journey!

I had bought a bunch of prawn the other day that I yummily made curry out off and ate with 2 plats of bhaat (yes had a  bad week last week)- but with the leftover I made this new dish. I used an online recipe but lowered the oil intake.

GARLIC PRAWNS WITH VEGGIES

First I cleaned the prawns.



Then I heated about 3 tablespoons of oil with some garlic and chilli flakes (I was generous with the chilli and garlic - but thats really up to you) And once it was a hot I turned up the heat and added the Prawns.





It was kind of on a whim that I added the veggies, but I had some frozen vegetables in the freezer and just threw them in


Towards the end I added some rice wine but it's really not a must, I just had it lying around (because I made Teriyaki sauce, coming in the next post.)

And et Voila: added some salad greens Done!


Doesn't it look YUM? ( it so was!)


So here is the recipe- makes about 2 servings (depending on how hungry you are)

Ingredients:
  • Olive oil - 3-4 Tablespoons (you can also use cooking spray)
  • Prawns 1/2 pound (about 12-14 prawns)
  • Frozen or fresh vegetables - 2 cups
  • Chilli - 3/4th teaspoon (or more)
  • Garlic cloves -3
  • Rice wine - 1 TBS
Procedure:
  • Heat Oil with garlic and chilli
  • Sautee in Prawns in high heat for 4-5 minutes
  • Add in vegetables and cook on low heat
  • Add rice wine and simmer
Service with whatever you like :D

The calorie count for my meal- total 500 calories
  • Olive Oil - 120
  • Prawn-6 - 132
  • Frozen vegetables 3/4th cup- 60
  • Salad dressing (aah I shouldnt have) - 60

Hope you guys will like the new recipes I am going to be posting. Please don't forget to click on my music and maybe buy them if you like? Will need all the support I can now that I'm about to be an independent musician next week (I graduate in 6 days!)

www.armeenmusa.bandcamp.com Or iTunes, Amazon etc etc!

(Bangladesh friends you can buy my music on shurjorajjo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!