Translate

Popular Posts

Friday 8 August 2014

Graceland, America , Sushi. (Osaka, Coolidge Corner)

It's no secret I love living in the US. Maybe because of music school, maybe because of the sunshine, the diversity- I have fallen in love with being here (well Boston to be precise, I'm pretty sure there are parts of America I wouldn't want to live in.)

One of the interesting things foodwise in this country is American sushi. It has mayo, eel sauce, jalapenos and what not! Chefs go crazy creative with american sushi rolls, I love it!

*Nusha are you reading this*

It was restaurant week and here I was studying for an exam- so what better combo- a nice restaurant to study in! (Osaka in Coolidge Corner, one of my favourite areas!)










My vegetarian friend had veggie sushi, I had never had had sushi with someone who didn't eat fish, so I was amazed to see how lovely it could be. Vegetables are so beautiful and colourful naturally- the more I try to be healthy, the more I realise that.






I of course had the sashimi (my favourite) and then the most sauced up pretty looking Americanised yumm sushi roll.





One a personal note: I was editing these photos photos it seemed perfect to fall at the same time as the release of my latest song Graceland.

The song reflects an immigrant story at first sight, but really the story of everyone- who is looking for somewhere to be free. For most of my life I thought it was finally leaving Dhaka that I found my Graceland… Even though I never wanted to leave initially, I had a tough time there, I felt judged, I felt like an outsider, in the "high society" areas but especially in the music industry.

I found myself and my freedom once I started living and learning in this beautiful Berklee community but also the beauty of my anonymity in Boston. All of this is true- but as a person, a soul my Graceland is music and I no longer want to feel that animosity towards Dhaka or anyone there or anything ever really.  So here goes- my online friends, you are the first to know- I'm moving back to Dhaka. I have many reasons to go, before you ask, but the first one is that my heart told me to- and I've always followed my heart
Here is the video of Graceland- please love, share and send me feed back!


L

Graceland is the first single from Armeen's upcoming album "Simultaneously" - Buy it here : http://armeenmusa.bandcamp.com
http://amzn.com/B00MF936SM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/graceland-single/id906276567


Written by Armeen Musa

GRACELAND

a hundred thousand miles she goes
to find herself a brand new home
she leaves behind the riches she knows,
to her graceland she arrives.

the dirty stares of the crowds
the petty things people said out loud
she leaves behind those horrid sounds
to her graceland she arrives

she holds her little brothers hand
as she walks on to this foreign land
she'll make it here and thats her plan
to her graceland she arrives

She's working at starbucks 6 to 3
she'd never had to make her own cup of tea
But now she finally feels free
to her graceland she arrives


No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!