Translate

Popular Posts

Saturday 27 September 2014

Happy and Healthy Portions- (Steak)

Wow. Being a foodie and losing weight is Hard. Especially if you are trying to lose weight before your music video shoot but are also leaving your beloved city (Boston) for good (for now at least) and thus feel the need to eat everything.

With so many emotional ups and downs that comes with graduating, moving, packing- I have been feeling lethargic and carb loading a bit. But the great thing about my mind and body is that- I never stay down too long. I was getting sick of feeling guilty and realised that I cannot focus on how many pounds I lost- I have to enjoy my last few weeks here and I can't do that if I'm feeling unhealthy.

So earlier this week I went shopping and got some veggies and meat- and made my little portion meals again- have been feeling better- so much so I started biking again!

Here is my little steak meals: Makes 5

Ingredients:

  • Beef steak - I cooked around 16oz (2 large steaks cut in strips)
  • Rice 2 cups-(I used a medley of brown and white basmati)
  • 3 medium zucchini 
  • Small onion
  • Radishes (as many as you like)
  • Shredded carrots (I bought a pack of it)
  • Corn, beans, peppers frozen pack (1 medium pack) 
  • Onion 1 small
  • turmeric 1/2 tsp
  • curryleaves
  • olive oil (or as you like)
  • garlic paste

Things I did:

I started off my putting the rice in the cooker and heated up the beans/corn combo in a pan with some garlic paste. 

Then I cut my zucchini- i put some in the oven with some garlic salt and the rest I sauteed in a zuccini curry (with curry leaves and turmeric) - THAT recipe shall be posted another day.

I cut some radishes- but midway I forgot about them- so only a couple of them have radishes.




I made 2 versions with some grilled zucchini and radishes and some with sauteed zucchini 




Per plate:
 



  • 1/3 cup of rice  - 71 calories
  • 1/3 cup of corn/beans - 47 calories
  • 1/3 cup shredded carrots - 15
  • around 3oz of beef - 164
  • 1/2 cup of zuccini - 41
  • sprinkled radishes (5 ish calories)
Total 336 Calories- Its quite filling and low cal and YUMMMM.









Here is my song for the day: my awesome bandmate Ava Sophia released her debut single


She's amazing so CHECK HER OUT! (also on itunes etc)


No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!