Translate

Popular Posts

Saturday 27 November 2010

My first Thanksgiving

Obviously having lived in Bangladesh, England and India, I had never experienced Thanksgiving before.

So I was super excited. Suman Bhai had taken the burden on himself to cook the Main HUGE turkey and the rest of us were chipping in what we could.


Coincidentally it was also Rousseau Birthday so we had some Cake too:

It looks normal but it was SUPER yummy:


Here are the chefs and their creations:

First our hosts:

Our Main Chef Suman (On the left)


He made the most DELICIOUS turkey. Most people are not fans Turkey itself but all memories were forgotten. It was just the perfect amount of spicy but not in a deshi style. YUMMMMM


And A YUMMY Russian Salad:


And a deshi style Cranberry Sauce hehe:


More hosts: Rousseau, Pandey and Tuntuni (we had another host MB but he was flopping around somewhere!)


The lovely girls had the hardest job of all, cleaning the whole place; while Birthday Boy made "Devilled Eggs": It was SUPER:


From the guests:
Shamin Apa: made a Super Yummy Cheesecake which sadly didnt get photographed, and Veggies:






I made Risotto Stuffed Tomatoes: (the tomatoes got a little melty at the end)

(little recipe note: Baked tomatoes separately, scooped out
Then poured in Risotto, made with rice, white wine, chicken broth, Corn, chopped spinach, little bit of cheddar cheese and butter to taste)


And our celebrity Shanto Bhai made Mashed Potatoes from a Box. (to be honest he's a FANTASTIC cook!) You can see his mash, in the photos below of the plates!


Every single dish was Superbly tasty, and I didn't over stuff my guts (thankfully that only happens on Qurbani Eid) so YAY!

Plates: (I Love plate shots, have you guys noticed?)

Plate 1:


Plate 2:


I am thankful to all of you who are reading this blog, I love sharing my food life with you :D

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog not sure who you are though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BareBear, happy thanksgiving!
    And hey Anonymous, there's only room for one of us around here! Change your name (and your comments)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Annonymous. I'm just a food lover. ;-) (also a music student)

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!