Translate

Popular Posts

Thursday 4 November 2010

Eid Day 2: Meal by Chef Rimi Khala and desert @ Amherst Creperie

hehe. i like the title of this post. So the closest family I have in Boston is my mejo khala who lives in Amherst. And of Course, that's where I went for Eid celebrations. Additionally Noton Mama from Australia was visiting so it was a full house!



Chopping and peeling and setting up the BBQ


Food in preparation:




And done?


                                                                                  


So we had some Salad and Chicken for appetiser:
From Eid in Amherst

And the main course: Biryani


my plate:


(I obviously took some back to Boston hehe)












The coolest part about this Eid was that we spent it outside in the yard!


Why don't we add that to our rituals (only winter for Dhaka)? Being a complete city girl with no ties with nature, I get this unique feeling whenever I'm near the real mother nature. And I love it!!

So thank you Chef Rimi Khala for a GREAT Eid meal, amongst green and family:D


OKAY! AND THEN (if that wasn't enough) we went off to a SUPERB desert place in Amherst called Amherst Creperie. And TRULY, (though I'm not a "sweets" person) this was the BEST crepe I've EVER had!!!!


The grownup's had the fruit crepe with Choco Ice cream:


Cuzzies had sth I dont know with chocolate syrup: (hehe)


And i had a custom made: Crepes with Butter and maple syrup with Caramel Ice cream (yep i like it SWEEEEET)


And of course we shared (but that was only because we were so stuffed from the Biryani, or else H*ll NO!)


And THAT concludes my first Eid in the US. It was the first day since I got here, that I cried 'cos I was missing my parents and homies, But I must admit, My Eid here was pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!