Translate

Popular Posts

Sunday 27 June 2010

THE Best Restaurant Ever!! Singapore- Banana Leaf Apolo

My dad lived in Singapore for 6 years, and he's a foodie too, so I got to eat at a variety of restaurant all around tiny Singapuura. I was 11 when he left, so I barely remember details. But there are a few places which struck me for life.

The number 1 place is Banana Leaf Apolo. Papa used to take us there All the time. In fact when we started going, it was a roadside place where locals would come and eat, from there now it's a full fledged air conditioned restaurant. They even recognise my dad's name when I mention it. The food is just Amazing, similar enough to Bengali/Indian food to feel comfortable and filling and different enough to intrigue me about the recipes.  I once took a flight via Singapore Airlines to stop in Singapore for 1 day to go eat there!


When I was in England I looked everywhere for South Indian cuisine like BLA but never found it. Most South Indian cuisines are vegetarian and consist of Dosas etc. But this is the non-veg side of South India. And ITS THE BEST:


So While the girls and the Siddiqy's went to a Japanese Buffet (which was apparently the best meal they had on the trip), I had to say no, and head to the reason of my frequenting Singapore. And you can imagine HOW hard it was to say no to Sushi Buffet! But of course, I can get sushi everywhere, this restaurant has food I could never ever find anywhere, so me and Littu Mama were off!

The Place:



The Menu:


The Free Plain Rice and Free vegetables:


Our meal: Apolo Chicken (house speciality), Fish Curry and Prawn Curry.


and the Cherry on top (I've been dreaming of this drink for so long, that I chugged it in a go.):
THE MOST AMAZING LIME DRINK EVER:



writing this blog gives me such pleasure, but also puts me in pain, as I look at the pics and wish I could have eaten just a little bit more, so I could be sick of the food, and then not have such cringing aches to eat it again.

(Note to readers: I'm a bit nuts, if you haven't noticed.)

So that concludes our couple of days in Singapore. The next day after this meal, we went hopping off to Malayseeya. Wait for it readers.

xx
moondizzy

2 comments:

  1. I've just come across this - I couldn't agree more! My favourite too! Born & bred Singaporean but now a Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be just what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Also visit my web-site; Bench Craft Company advertising ideas

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!