Translate

Popular Posts

Friday 19 March 2010

Mum's Birthday Bash

Today was a super feast at my place today! Was mum's bday, and we had items cooked by Mum herself, Moyna (my great aunt), and we had catered from Ayisha Aunty's (amazing chef our family regularly uses for our big dinners.)

So I'll start with the food made by Mum at our house:

Firstly is Mum's famous tandoori chicken-

I do know the recipe of this one:
very basic marinate the chicken with tandoori masala from before and then roast slowly in the oven, add potatos (or other veggies) halfway through. Can also be done in the microwave (yes it's bad for you, but we dont have an oven right now)

2 veggie dishes by Mum, the sauteed veggies were featured in my last post, the 2nd one is a niramish with no holud (turmeric) or chili powder. Just Pach Foron and olive oil.



To be fair, this one was made by Mushi Bua (our old cook who comes over every time we entertain to help us out), but Mum's recipe was used, lots of onion and oil is used to make this RUI MACH BHUNA.

Next comes Moyna's SUPERB cooking. She made all of my personal favourites :D

Firstly the salad she makes for Iftaar during Ramadan. It a fruit salad with potatos, apples, lettuce, chicken sausage and oranges. What I love about this dish is how healthy it is: The dressing is made with yogurt and salt and pepper :D
And the one me and lightlovetiptoes frequent her house for : Lebu Elish (Hilsa in Lemon Curry)
The yummiest part of this dish are the whole miny onions that float in the gravy. I had 2 helpings of this one!
From Mrs Ayisha's Kitchen were Dohibarra (Yogurt Dish), Deshi Murgi Jhal (Chicken Curry), Achar Gosh (Beef):

Lastly the cake from Shumi's Hot cake: A bakery whose standard has always been maintained for years and years, HATs off!

And here's a pic of the Happy Party feasting away, yum yum..

Till my next food adventure.....
~moondizzy

1 comment:

  1. U r killing me with all these foods. I really liked the dining table. Its like a beautiful giant train!

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!