Translate

Popular Posts

Sunday 7 March 2010

Late night Hunger at Regency

Yes usually Regency Hotel is the last place you'd find me in Dhaka. But i was there to watch Lokkhi Terra perform at their Club 13 venue. It's a shame, the hotel is actually quite nice, the crowd has sadly made their rep kind of go downhill.

So after the show, we were chilling with the band late night, when we decided we were starving and went wandering around. Regency has this 24 hour restaurant, and yes the prices are steeper than normal restaurants in Dhaka. But it was Really late, and we were starving. So we just ordered whatever we were craving, taking little care that most of the time, what is said on the menu is rarely what is served.

And lo and behold, we were in a for a pleasant surprise. the 3 of us ordered 3 things and 1/3rd everythign.

1. Burger - this what a real burger should be like. the bread wasnt squishing the meat in a mesh of mayo and ketchup, the bread was of the right softness, the meat was yummy, the salad was fresh. Best real american burger i've had in a while




2. Green curry with rice (chicken)- anyone who knows me, knows i CRAVE good green curry. I dont like it over sweet, over coconutted, or too smelly like the streets of Bangkok, but rather a "restaurant" version, the right density in the gravy, and not too spicy or sweet, AND of course, there is no green curry without the beautiful aubergine (which rarely is added, and yes ive had green curry at hundreds of restaurants, all over the world.) This one was perfect, i could have had another EASILY. BEST green curry in Dhaka


3. Frutti de Mare- (Seafood Pasta) another of my regular loves, bella italia in dhaka, is the only place i dare to order this, but I have to say, Regency's chef beat the cooking out of Bella's. The sauce was just PERRRfect, enough seafood (i missed the presence of squid tho)


All in all, i think this meal was the BEst meal i've had in Dhaka in the 4 months i've been here (I do admit that I 'll have to go again to make sure it wasnt my late night hunger that drives this post) . And yes the price is steeper than the usual and quantity is medium, but oh SO worth it.

5 stars from me, to Regency's Chef!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude!
    Many thanks, However I am encountering troubles with your RSS.
    I don't know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... laser cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!