Translate

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Home-cooked Farewell Dinner

My sister (lightlovetiptoes) was leaving for London, and we knew she would fuss about her last meal at home, so me and mum took no chances and cooked it ourselves.

Mum made Chingri Do-peyaza (Prawns and Onion) and Sauteed Vegetables in Sesame Oil, I made Bengali Chicken Curry (pretty much the only thing I can cook) and we had the usual Daal, tomato chutney, Shaak alu torkari (Spinach-potato curry), borboti bhaji etc...

Mum's V:eggy up close

My Chicken being cooked:

The meal:

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. patla jhol n alu diye deshi murgii...atooo miss kori!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love deshi murgi - I remember you cooked it for me! So sweet. I have to HAVE to learn to make it this summer. It was my all time fav when I was a kid and I still love it.
    -Nashat

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!