Translate

Popular Posts

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Chicken ChickPea Salad - Video Recipe

Yay! We are back with another video recipe, and to continue my salad series, here is Chicken ChickPea Salad.






Vegetarian friends, as I mention in the video- just replace chicken with eggplant/tofu or don't, the chickpea may be enough 

Ingredients

  • 1 large cucumber
  • 1 Can or 1.5 cups of Chickpeas
  • 2 cups of chicken breast (cooked- can be boiled, grilled or baked)
  • 1 stalk of green onion
  • 2 tbsp of crunchy chanachur pieces
  • 1 tbsp of pesto (you can use more if you want)

Procedure

  • Peal and cut the cucumber in half and slice into half moons
  • Boil and drain the raw chickpeas or pour in the canned ones
  • Layer the chicken
  • Cut spring onion into bite-size pieces
  • Sprinkle Chanachur
  • Add the pesto and mix
And you are done! The Fabricators also seem to like it heehee












I love this salad because it is super filling and is the perfect 5 minute recipe for left over chicken. I actually made this for Sehri one day and it was perfect. 

If you guys want to make your own pesto you can use this recipe I have: (the title photo of my Page is now using the images)

http://dhakadelicacy.blogspot.com/2014/08/pesto-recipe-parsley-mint.html

Also, I added the chanachur element for my "bengali" effect but you can also use croutons if you wish- or eliminate it completely if you are watching your calories. In fact, if you want to lower the calorie content I'd say use olive oil and lemon as the dressing instead of the pesto.

Okay- hope you guys like this one, please don't forget to share. And anyone wanting to know what the song in the background is: It's my first ever song of my first album, and this is the first music video I ever made :D


2 comments:

My new single Graceland!