Translate

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Trattoria il Panino - North end'a best


The North End. One of my favourite areas in Boston, you instantly feel like you're in Italy with the narrow lanes and Roman Catholic Churches and architecture. generations of Italians have lived and worked here.

The restaurants in this area are a mix of mom and pop dark dining to fancy Italian places. I haven't explored a lot, but since Zj is visiting and she had a craving for ravioli so it only seemed right to bring her here (plus we had the harbour to visit.)

After walking around The area we went searching for the right restaurant: needed to find something under $20 but good and had ravioli on the menu. And after some search we found it. I rarely go into restaurants without doing a ton of research, but ever since ness pulled out (yes I'm still upset about it) haven't had a lot of choice.

And boy was this the right choice. We ordered lobster ravioli in creamy sauce and ricotta ravioli in tomato sauce.

Those of you who know my taste buds, I'm not huge on tomato sauces, they usually taste generic and bland. Ummm, this was the opposite, SO AMAZING. 
The ricotta was fresh, BUT THE SAUCE. oh gosh I want to go back!

The lobster ravioli was super as well, creamy and rich ! 
The portions were huge! I loved the presentation- I love eating out of pans!

Me and Zj devoured as much as we could and had some ravioli left over 

This has been one of my favourite meals ever! Must try for anyone in Boston! (Except my friend Nusha who lives in Italy and refuses to eat Italian food anymore )

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!