Translate

Popular Posts

Thursday 31 January 2013

ShaatRong, Bengali Ala Carte to the Finest at Srimongol



YAY We reached 60,000 hits today! Just when I'm about to post one my favourite meals of 2012.

Shaatrong is this amazing little restaurant in Srimongol which mainly features the 7 layer tea on the outside but is the BEST homemade'ish food, and one of the best places to eat in Srimongol. It was at this meal me and huckleberry friend were commenting on how we tend to search the whole world for food that tastes like our home.

And it did! Those of you who have seen my Mum's cooking can tell from the pictures.

The food was made a'la carte so we had to wait a bit of time. In the meantime we sat outside and enjoyed the 8 degrees weather and a cup of tea



                                                                                                                                                           













And THEN came the food, Fresh from the stove (the only way it should be) and all at once!

Bless Bangladeshi restaurants for Always serving salad, although it did not prevent me from gaining 2 kgs on this trip, STILL it's always fresh, nicely placed and FREE. (Learn something 12 dollar salad servers)

Niramish , what a fresh beauty !!
it was perfect and not overcooked at all, with the light spices.







                                                                                Daal Bhorta






                                                                                                                                                                   Tomato Bhorta!! Oh this was perfection, with the sweet tomatos, the hint of coriander and onions making the great combination.


Alu Bhorta

The light Jhol Murgi was perfect!





And the most beautiful thing of all time: Gorom Gorom Shada Bhaat

Steaming Gorom Bhaat



I love my bhaat shots hehe





We ended up ordering there again (when I fell a bit sick) but it wasnt the same. This must be had in the cool sunshine winter's day, fresh from the kitchen



1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really
    nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. All the best
    Feel free to visit my page :: comprar perfume

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!