Translate

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Oh Calcutta - Banani Road 11

I'm sure none of you will believe me when I tell you, this time when I was in Dhaka for 2 weeks, the ONLY restaurant I ate at was "Oh Calcutta." I loved this place when I was living in India and was super delighted to have a branch in Dhaka.

Yes, Bangladeshi and West Bengali cuisine have a LOT in common, especially to a foreigner, but to us; we know the difference. It may be "mach'e bhaat'e" Bangali, but our preparation is different, so it's a treat to have the Opaar Bangla taste introduced to the Dhaka restaurant scene.

Me and Mum went and obviously over ordered: Alu'r Dom, Potol'er Dolma and Shorshe Eelish. Yumm!!! Oh missing Dhaka and it's wonderful eats tonight.












(PS to blog readers, have had a rough few months, so haven't had time to blog, but don't worry I have 8 months of pictures Ive taken left to blog.)

Love you food lovers. I'm back :-)

2 comments:

My new single Graceland!