Translate

Popular Posts

Sunday 20 February 2011

Salmon Do-Peyaja Recipe: from Chef Murad

The late Chef Murad, was a man who with art and culture on his mind. At age 19 when I bunked at his place, while looking for an apartment, I learnt a lot from his habits and his self. His beautifully decorated home, his ear for pure Indian Classical music, and his love for good food.

I had just started cooking then, and his methods have carved some of my habits for ever. I will never forget his Jhinga Daal, which I never got the recipe for. But here is one of the ones, I watched him make, one of my favourite dishes of all time.

Salmon Do-peyaja:

Ingredients:
2 Salmon Fillets
Turmeric/Holud
Lime
1 large Onion
Olive oil
Coriander to Garnish
Paprika

Procedure:

1. Cut up onions in large slice
2. Marinate the Salmon with turmeric, salt, paprika, a squeze of lime and mix in the onions in the mix.
3. Heat a pan with olive oil.
4. Put the fish and onions in the heated pan and cook till done.

(Onions should not melt but be soft)



5. Add Coriander to garnish

6. Et Voila: my plate, having this meal in memory of Murad Uncle.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Cant wait to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drop of water is in every cm of my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  3. im gonna try it today :D looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so simple and interesting...ami salmon chai!

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!