Translate

Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Vedic Heritage for Pandit Jasraj's Show- Yummiest Indian food EVER!

My friend Bharathi and I went to the Vedic Heritage to attend a show with Pandit Jasraj.


It was a wonderful experience, we had travelled from Boston, clad in our sari's; the moment we entered the people of the temple offered us their food, they were preparing for the members of the show and the temple:

Our lunch of rice, rajma, peas-potato, and potato-eggplant curry:



Eating with the artists and hosts:


While we waited for the show to begin, we wandered around the temple, it was BeAUTIFUL:


The Pandit Jasraj Auditorium:


The show begins:


During intermission, some of the ladies were selling snacks..MMM SO GOOD:

Bhel Puri:


Shingara and Dhokla (a Gujrati dish)


Once the show was over, the whole cast, crew and hosts sat together and ate the yummy food that was cooked. Oh what a scrumptious meal it was! I'm rarely this satisfied with a non-veg meal as I was with this vegetarian meal.



The Huge dishes used for cooking:


Rice with jeera, Peas Curry,


















                                                   Eggplant-Potato Curry                   














and a dish Called "curry"? (readers Help!!) IT WAS heavenly:


















 Bharathi's Plate:


My Plate:


Desert:




It was the most amazing day. The hospitality and warmth of the temple was heart-warming. And the show was fantastic with artists from all over India and then Pandit Jasraj.

I only wish I knew how to cook these delicious dishes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, only you can make me feel spiritual & hungry at the same time! Seems like you are having a great time state-side, don't get too used to it though! Btw that so-called "curry" is called kadhi, I think it's also gujarati/sindhi and usually accompanies kedgeree

    ReplyDelete

My new single Graceland!