Translate

Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Prawn Malai Curry by Bahanaz

This is undoubtedly the BEST malai curry I ever had, and I'm not just saying that because its Bahanaz.

Ms Sahana Bajpie had invited me over for a night spend, the way we would in Dhaka and then again in Santiniketon. In Dhaka, it was her great cook, and in Santiniketon is was her amazing mom's cooking (ohhh Doi mach how I miss thee!), but London meant Ma'm had to cook herself! Yay! I almost finger licked the bowl...

She has kindly given us her recipe for my readers:

1. Fry Onions with Garam Masala, Elach and Long (cardamom and clove)
2. Add chilli powder, turmeric and ginger paste
3. Add prawns (pre cooked)
4. Add double cream till it boils
5. Add coconut milk.

cooking by candlelight:


Prawn Malai in the making:




















And some Chicken Vindaloo (readymade) and Bahanaz's Daal with the malai:


I started with the daal in the spirit of West Bengal:




















 Her lovely kitchen table


and an incredibly yummy Key Lime Pie made by Richard's uncle:




















Reunited in our 3rd Land for some late night hasha hashi.. hehee


Bahanaz in her new life and her cool bookshelf hehe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!