Translate

Popular Posts

Friday 16 April 2010

Pohela Baishakh Khana

14th April is Bengali New Year, and it's famous for its speciality foods!
This year I went back to Charukola, the Dhaka University Art Department. Here are some of the things we ate throughout the morning:

starting the day with my Favouritest Ice cream ever: Green Lolly!!

My burger fanatic friend Farhan- Had to eat the Bengali Burger:

Had some Tehari Mid morning (meat and rice dish)

Then of course some phuchka

And top it off with Chotpoti:
Mum and friends all had lunch plans (yes I still ate after the hearty breakfast)
So I had a solo lunch in peace on my bed, Mum joined in for a few bites before she left lol:
Here's Elish jhol (Hilsa curry), Bhetki Shoshhe Jhol , Potol Do piyaza, Begun Tok (Eggplant dish), Aam Daal (Lentils with Ripe mangoes)- YUMMMMS
 So all in all, the Bengali new year opened with some Yummy Food for me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!