Translate

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Lamb Rezala

Although lamb is a rare eat for me, bedueen wanted lamb rezala for a while now. So I tired a Recipe from a Bengali website. This is the original recipe, but as I don't take ghee, I used olive oil and additionally I marinated the meat with 1 tablespoon of yogurt for 30 mins.




Ingredients
  750 g lamb/mutton/beef
500 g yoghurt
100 g ghee
100 g sliced onions
4 bay leaves
2 inch cinnamon stick
4 green cardamom pods
4 cloves
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
 
     

Procedure
 
  1. Heat ghee in a pan, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms, and sauté.
  2. Add sliced onion and fry for a few minutes, add garlic paste and chilli powder and sauté.
  3. Add mutton and fry for a few minutes.
  4. Add salt and sugar to taste.
  5. Gradually stir the yoghurt.
  6. Put the lid on and leave to cook.
  7. If water dries up add a little water.
  8. Cook till water dries up and ghee comes on top
  9. Serve hot with rice or parota.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!