Translate

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 February 2014

Recipe: Fried goat cheese balls with caramelised onions

I first had this dish in a restaurant in NYC , and I was in love! The restaurant is rather high end, so frequenting it wasn't an option so the next time I craved it I had to make it.

So in the spirit of valentines day and the fact that school closed early due to the snowstorm I treated myself to this yummy appetizer (originally had it as tapas)

(This is me thinking about the goat cheese balls while getting home) 

Ingredients (makes 8 balls)

Goat cheese (soft ish)
Red onion half
Brown sugar
Flour
Eggs (2)
Bread crumbs 

Procedure:

1. Roll goat cheese into one inch balls and put on wax paper and in the fridge while you prepare the other things.


2. While that's in the fridge, mix two eggs with 3/4th cup of flour in one bowl and lay out bread crumbs in another.

3. In medium heat fry the onions (thinly sliced) in canola oil for ten minutes.
Add brown sugar and keep on low heat for the duration of the rest of the cooking.

4. Take the cheese out of the fridge and cover in the flour batter and cover in bread crumbs. Repeat that step: cover in batter and again in bread crumbs. 


5. Heat the oil in a sauce pan on high heat and fry the cheese balls for 3/4 minutes. Remove and soak in paper towels to rid excess oil. Sprinkle some salt over them.

6. Add a bit of honey or syrup over onions and serve with the cheese balls.

Tip: mash the goat cheese first and then make circles with the palm of your hands to get the round shape. repeat again once covered in breadcrumbs. 



Ey Voila! It's not that hard! 

Okay peeps. Don't forget to check my music too: www.bandcamp.com/armeenmusa 

Love and happiness 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My new single Graceland!